General Contest Rules
- Application: These general contest rules (“General Contest Rules”) apply to contests (each, a "Contest") operated by Kardish Health Food Centres. By entering a Contest, entrants agree to be legally bound by these General Contest Rules, and will be deemed to have read and understood these General Contest Rules.
Eligibility. To enter a Contest and to be eligible to win, entrant cannot be a resident of Quebec. Employees and their parents, siblings and children of Kardish Health Food Centres, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, promotional and advertising agencies or of any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the applicable Contest (and any person domiciled with any such employee) are ineligible to enter. Individuals that have won a Kardish contest within the thirty (30) days preceding the start of the applicable Contest (as well as those with whom they reside) are also not eligible to enter.
- Prizing & Contest Period. The details of the prize(s) available to be won (including the number and the approximate retail value of the prize(s) available to be won), the duration and timing of a Contest and any other relevant information of a Contest will be identified through applicable promotional materials. Prize(s) must be picked up at any Kardish Health Food Centre location throughout Ottawa, Ontario by the winner or by an individual that has been identified by the winner (proof of identification may be required). Prize(s) will not be mailed, shipped or delivered. Prize(s) may not be exactly as advertised. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Kardish Foods reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, in the event all or any component of a prize is unavailable.
- Contest Entry. No purchase necessary to enter a Contest. Unless otherwise stated, there is a limit of one entry per person per Contest. To enter a Contest, follow the instructions given on the Kardish Health Food Centre website and/or via the Kardish Health Food Centre’s official social networking page (described below), as applicable.
For online entry: Without limiting the foregoing, if entry in a Contest occurs online, visit the Kardish Health Food Centres website during the applicable Contest entry period and follow the on-screen instructions on the applicable Contest’s webpage to complete and submit the online entry form.
For entry via social media: Without limiting the foregoing, if entry in a Contest occurs via one or several of the official social networking pages for Kardish Health Food Centres, entry must occur during the applicable Contest entry period by means of the applicable third party service or site (each, a “Third Party Service”). To enter a Contest by means of a Third Party Service, you must have a valid account with the applicable Third Party Service and are solely responsible to ensure that your account settings allow the applicable Station to view your account as required to administer the applicable Contest (failing which, you may be disqualified). By creating an account with a Third Party Service, you agree to comply with such Third Party Service’s Terms of Service. By entering a Contest by means of a Third Party Service, entrants completely release any such Third Party Service of all liability in relation to his/her participation in the applicable Contest. Entrants acknowledge that the applicable Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Third Party Service(s) and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding any Contest should be directed to Kardish Foods and not to Third Party Service(s). Facebook contest by Kardish Health Food Centres requires a complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant and acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Prize Draw. For Contests where the winner is selected from entries received, a random draw for the prize(s) will take place by a Kardish representative from all eligible entries received during the applicable Contest period. The potential prize winner will be contacted using the information provided at the time of entry. In the event a potential prize winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the draw, as determined by Kardish Health Food Centres at its sole discretion, or if these General Contest Rules are not adhered to by a potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights to the applicable prize.
- Odds of Winning. For Contests with online entries (including Contest where entry occurs via social media), the odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest period.
All decisions of Kardish Health Food Centres with respect to any aspect of a Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
By entering a Contest, each entrant fully releases Kardish Health Food Centres, its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the applicable Contest from all liability of any kind relating to the Contest or his/her participation therein, including, without limitation, any liability related to: (i) any failure of the a website; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in a Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
Kardish Health Food Centres reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend a Contest or to amend these General Contest Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason, in the opinion of Kardish Health Food Centres in its sole and absolute discretion, a Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, mechanical manipulation or any other causes beyond its control, Kardish Health Food Centres reserves its right to amend, cancel or suspend the applicable Contest and/or conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries
For greater certainty, each prize claimant consents to the use of their name, city of residence, likeness, comments, or photograph, without further compensation, in any future publicity carried out by Kardish Health Food Centres in connection with the applicable Contest.
- If the identity of an entrant is in dispute, the authorized account holder of the email submitted at the time of entry (if provided) will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question (if provided).