Healthier Pumpkin Cheesecake
Looking for a healthier Thanksgiving dessert this weekend? Try this delicious pumpkin cheesecake!
- 1 cup graham cracker* crumbs (about 9 sheets – see notes for gluten-free options)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% or full-fat is best)
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons flour (whole wheat white, all-purpose or a 1:1 all-purpose gluten-free blend)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease 8″ springform pan with butter; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar; stir until thoroughly mixed. Press evenly into bottom of springform pan, use back of measuring cup to flatten. Bake for 8 minutes; remove from oven to cool before wrapping edges/bottom tightly in foil. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF.
- Meanwhile prepare the cheesecake filling; using paddle attachment of stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat together cream cheese until smooth for about 2 minutes. Add in granulated sugar, greek yogurt, pumpkin and vanilla, beating again until completely smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing on low-medium speed. Then add in flour and pumpkin pie spice. Use large rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Try not to overmix here. Stop mixing as soon as last egg is incorporated.
- Pour cheesecake filling onto pre-baked crust in foil-wrapped springform pan; place pan in bottom of roasting pan with 1″ hot water. Carefully transfer to oven and bake at 325ºF for 45-55 minutes or until middle has just set. The middle should jiggle slightly (like jell-o) but look firm. If you skip the “water bath” step the cheesecake may crack, but you could also cover with a chocolate ganache if you’d like.
- Turn off oven, crack door, and allow cheesecake to cool in oven for 1 hour before covering and transferring to fridge and chilling for 8 hours.
- Keep cheesecake chilled just before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe from: https://www.fitmittenkitchen.com/healthier-pumpkin-cheesecake/#tasty-recipes-15807