- Paraben Petroleum Free
- No Synthetic Fragrances
- No Synthetic Colors or Stabilizers
- No Animal Testing
- 100% Pure Essential Oils
- Paraben Free
- No Synthetic Colors or Fragrances
- GC/MS Tested for Purity
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most popular essential oil and is widely recognized for its aroma and many uses. It is generally considered one of the safest oils to use for adults and children, and scientific studies over the years have verified its many benefits. Top-selling Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil is grown in many regions across the globe and is produced more than any other essential oil sold for aromatherapy purposes.
Lavender is harvested annually near or just after the summer solstice. The flowers only bloom for about two weeks, so the harvesting and distillation is often done all day and night. Lavender is harvested with a combine and immediately taken to the distillation facility.
- Lavender essential oil is dominated by middle notes, mainly linalool and linalyl acetate. It smells both floral and herbaceous, since the oil comes from the flower, leaves, and stems of new growth.
- Lavender blends well with many oils, including rose, neroli, rosemary, patchouli, citrus oils, and the chamomiles.
- Lavender is generally considered a middle note.
- Lavender is well known for its calming and relaxing effects. It's ideal for adults and children and can be applied topically or diffused in the air. It is commonly used in pillow sprays, personal care products, and bath blends.
- On the skin, lavender is soothing and cleansing. Because it's so mild, it finds its way in many products for facial care and in DIY facial recipes.
- Lavender's cleansing properties are effective in-home care as well. It can be used in laundry, as well as to clean the home, especially light-colored surfaces, like white tile, granite, and marble.