Peanut Soup With Sweet Potato + Kale Recipe
This comforting and nourishing soup is a perfect early fall recipe, maybe you even have some leftover kale growing in your garden? Eat this soup for dinner and save some for lunch the next day, or freeze the leftovers for a cold winter's night. Either way, you’re going to love this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half an onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- one 14-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- one 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry and/or turmeric
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1–2 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat and add the onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Saute until soft and fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes. I like to brown them a little bit with the aromatics to get them nice and flavorful.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, water, spices, and peanuts. Simmer until sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add peanut butter and kale. Simmer until everything is thick, creamy, and delicious. Top with more peanuts and a little cilantro.
Recipe from: https://pinchofyum.com/sweet-potato-peanut-soup#tasty-recipes-42767-jump-target