Recipe: Melinda’s Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
By Melinda Assaf, Kardish Owner
Are you looking for a satisfying and nutritious breakfast that is easy to make and ready to eat in the morning? Look no further than carrot cake overnight oats! This delicious and healthy breakfast option is packed with fiber, protein, and complex carbohydrates to keep you full and energized throughout the day. With only a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of preparation time, you can whip up a batch of these tasty oats that will last you for days. Enjoy the classic flavours of carrot cake in a breakfast bowl, with a hint of sweetness that will make you look forward to your morning meals!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup finely grated carrot - about 1 carrot, peel carrot before grating
- 6 pecan halves toasted and then broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp vanilla greek yoghurt
- Place all dry ingredients into a small container with a secure lid. Put the lid on and shake to mix.
- Add all remaining ingredients except yoghurt, cover, and shake again until thoroughly mixed.
- Place the container in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.
Remove the lid and stir. Either microwave or eat oats cold, topped with vanilla yoghurt.