Double Chocolate Protein Bars
It's back-to-busy season.
Tonight, we're making these in preparation. ? ?
Recipe from our amazing team member Allison, the chef behind upbeetkitchen.com
Time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes chill time
? 1 cup chocolate protein powder of choice
? 1 cup oat flour
? 1/4 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
? 1/2 cup peanut butter (almond, cashew, sunflower and tahini also work, for those with allergies)
? 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
? 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
? Raw Chocolate Topping
Raw Chocolate Topping
? 1/4 cup cacao butter
? 2.5 tbsp raw cacao powder
? 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
? 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
1) Combine protein powder, oat flour, salt, maple syrup, and nut butter in a large mixing bowl. Stir until dough begins to form. Gradually add non-dairy milk until mixture reaches a cookie dough consistency.
2) Line a 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Press dough evenly into pan and flatten as much as possible. You want the dough to be packed as tightly as possible so that the bars do not fall apart.
3) Prepare the raw chocolate. Place cacao butter in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of almost boiling water. Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in remaining raw chocolate ingredients. Pour over protein bar dough.
4) Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
5) Slice into 10 even rectangles and store in the refrigerator until ready to consume